Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions
Sr. Data Engineer
Data Engineer will help with the modernization and transformation of the data ecosystem within Moody’s Investor Services (MIS). This person will build and maintain data pipelines across multiple initiatives across various business areas and drive the build out modern cloud-based data engineering practices.
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
Develop, build data engineering pipelines using Scala/PySpark in AWS using services like EKS, Lambda, S3, Glue, Step Functions
Build ingestion as a service using the AWS Native and PySpark to facilitate the data gravity shift from on-premises to the cloud through migration of data assets and workloads to the cloud
Build components in the data engineering following Test Data Driven development practices
Setup CICD for all data engineering workload using AWS CodePipeline.
Work closely with business and technology colleagues to create platforms built using modern, consumer focused technologies
SQL skills for data profiling and analysis, and ability to reverse engineer existing databases with minimal assistance
Support data requests/projects and helps to interpret data sets
Perform ad-hoc data/process analysis as needed
Participate in Agile scrum teams and contribute to project planning and work prioritization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, MIS or other related field.
- 3+ years of Data Engineering experience
- 3+ years of Programming experience in Python or PySpark or Scala
- AWS Cloud based data engineering experience including RDS PostGres, Snowflake is a plus
- RestAPI based development experience is a plus
- Experience with SQL a must (any Database)
- Strong experience working in Agile environments
- Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to translate technical concepts to business concepts and vice versa
- Client focused, proactive, and results oriented
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.