Website Rex Recruiting
From Opening to On-boarding: Recruiting Solutions Delivered
FPGA Electrical Engineer
Currently seeking Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Electrical Engineers in Melbourne, FL. This Electrical Engineering opportunity is with a growing leader in electronics and custom electronics design, engineering, manufacturing and distribution. Our clients sophisticated turnkey durable electronics and software systems are the cutting-edge technology used in networking, communications, and electronic intelligence products across the globe.
Responsibilities of the FPGA Electrical Engineer
• Thorough understanding of Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
• Architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
• Perform architectural design-including block diagram, trade off studies and design reviews
• Create self-checking and reusable test benches from scratch
• Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
• Develop functional coverage models and close code coverage.
• Creation of written test cases, procedures and results,
• Integrate with HW/software supporting lab integration and complete testing/qualification of a deliverable system.
• Support board level FPGA integration
• Lead detailed design reviews
Requirements of the FPGA Electrical Engineer
Interested candidates should hold a BA/BS in EE, CE, CS or related technical field and possess 2+ years of experience working with Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Electrical engineering and hardware development tools.
• BS Degree in electrical/computer engineering and 4+ years of professional relevant experience, OR, a Masters in electrical/computer engineering and 2+ years of professional relevant experience.
• MATLAB fixed-point modeling
• Experience with hand coded implementations, above and beyond incorporating vendor COTS IP
• Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks
• Proficiency using FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Questasim, Synplify, Modelsim, Xilinx ISE and Vivado)
• Familiarity with chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, as part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, and a project with a firm schedule and frequent milestones
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present work status
Electrical Engineer’s Apply Today
Interested candidates please contact Jon@RexRecruiting for more information. Our Client offers a strong compensation, enjoyable work environment, collaborative support, and interesting projects.
Please be aware that this Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Electrical Engineering position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
You must sign in to apply for this position.