Website Rex Recruiting
From Opening to Onboarding
Physician Assistant – Cardiothoracic Surgery
Our Client’s Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Their system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery, and research. We received “top performer” recognition by the Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines – Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
The Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in the County and in all of Western Connecticut by US News & World Report.
Come work for a team of seasoned Physician Assistants that have over 100 years of combined experience in CT surgery. With renowned Physicians recognized with numerous accolades for their excellence.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
This Heart & Vascular Institute has an opportunity for a dynamic and dedicated operating room Physician Assistant to join the busy and growing Department of Cardiac Surgery. Under the direction of a cardiothoracic surgeon, the physician assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties. These duties include:
- Responsible for the care of all Cardiothoracic patients in the pre, peri and post op phases, including ICU and stepdown unit management
- First Assisting in OR
- Responsible for procedures such as chest tube insertion, IABP removal, insertion of arterial lines and central lines
- Schedule: Full Time (40 hours) – Rotating Schedule (Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays), In house call
Physician Assistants Enjoy
At newly graduated and experienced Physician Assistants are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
Physician Assistant Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant.
- 2+ years’ experience in cardiovascular surgery preferred but not required
- First assistant experience, including endoscopic vein harvesting skills preferred
- EVH experience preferred but NOT required
- NCCPA certification required
- ACLS/BLS certification required