Website Rex Recruiting
From Opening to Onboarding
Neurosurgery Physician Assistant
Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Role Scope
Advanced Practitioner responsibilities include developing the neurosurgery specialty office to provide excellence in patient care in conjunction with the Surgeon’s operating room-based services. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a leading Neurosurgical Surgeon and team of Advanced Practitioners, while still enjoying the hours and patient contact of an office practice. Responsibilities include:
- Advanced Practitioners will assist with seeing new patients, follow up patients, and post-operative patients in both our Meriden and Plainville locations. They will also provide inpatient support by rounding on our surgical patients at Hartford Hospital post-surgery and assisting our surgeons in the OR at Midstate Medical Center.
- Communicating with patients and families
- Working with conjunction of triage nurse to triage incoming clinical calls and post-operative calls as well as incoming referrals.
- Help busy practice with paperwork, entering orders, and coordinating appropriate referrals
If the need arises, may be asked to cover other Neurosurgery practices within the HHC System
Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Practitioners Enjoy
Newly graduated and experiences Physician Assistants are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Team environment with robust staff: less responsibility for room turnover
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities
- Development Institute
Physician Assistant Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant.
You must sign in to apply for this position.