Our Client has a job opportunity as a Lead Software Developer within their Global Technology Services division.
LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership and coaching of team members, as well as continuous knowledge transfer
- Definition, conception and creation of modern application architectures
- Software development for cloud based services
- Creation of tests (Unit, UI, …) and documentation
- Automation of development and application processes
- Active participation in the further development of their monitoring processes and infrastructure(Alerting, APM, …)
- Active participation in the further development of their continuous integration and deployment processes and infrastructure
- Participation (virtual or in person) in planning meetings for coordination between the Scrum teams
LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Lead Software Developer Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in computer science, MIS, or a related field is required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Candidates with the following education will be highly considered
- Degree in computer science or comparable qualification and relevant professional experience as senior or lead software developer
Lead Software Developer Experience
- Minimum 10-14 years’ experience with software engineering / software architecture is required.
- Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered
- Your responsible, independent and solution-oriented action is based on an overall understanding of the respective problems
- You have practical experience in the application of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum or XP)
- Very good spoken and written English (minimum C1 / C2 desired)
- Willingness to further establish DevOps culture
- Strong intercultural and team skills
- You strive for clean code and would sign the Software Craftsmanship Manifesto
- You know and use common design and architecture patterns
- Expert (recognized authority) in developing and creating tests with Python (3.X)
- Advanced experience (practical application and applied theory) with the public cloud offers from AWS, Terraform (in the AWS environment)
- Intermediate experience (practical application) working with Kubernetes (AWS EKS) and Docker desirable
- Intermediate experience (practical application) working with another public cloud provider (GCP or Azure) desirable
- Intermediate experience (practical application) in using NoSQL and relational databases
- Intermediate experience (practical application) in application development in the FaaS / serverless environment
- Intermediate experience (practical application) in the area of development with / integration of authentication and authorization / solutions / protocols is desirable
- Intermediate experience (practical application) in stream processing (Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, …) / “Event Driven Architectures” is desirable
Our client is connecting people and ideas.
They are delivering on their potential.
They are improving the way they work and live.
At Our client is dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities, and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect, and transact. They develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. They are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. They are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. They are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our client develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. They do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Our client is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, they have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other, and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
Our client has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our client welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ABOUT THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Our client is proud to power mission critical communications and provides customers with everything they need to communicate with 4 key audiences: Employees, Customers, Investors, and the media. Some of our popular solutions include marketing webinars, webcasting, virtual events, product launches, press release distribution, employee town halls, investor days audio, video, and web conferencing.
Our client’s solutions are proven to help reduce costs, attract new customers, and keep our current customers loyal for life. They place a lot of value in giving our clients the solutions and support they need to operate efficiently and successfully. This same desire they use to set our customers up for success applies to our employees as well. Our client is committed to helping our employees and their families maintain a healthy work/life balance, to build a financially secure future. Self-development and learning are key with all our global employees having access to our internal learning and development university DevelopU for career and skills enhancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don’t forget to join our online talent community and “Like” Our Client Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other Our Client employees!