Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions
Crypto-asset Analytical Framework Designer
Analytical Tools and Solutions (ATS) is responsible for the quantitative models and analytical tools used in the rating process and across MIS. ATS also serves as an innovation hub for MIS, and helps coordinate and drive technology innovation across the firm. Within ATS, the Innovation & Data Science (IDS) group channels innovation ideas to build innovation strategies and performs MIS technology innovation activities to develop advanced capabilities in data processing and AI/ML. IDS partners with groups across MIS to drive innovation, helping them use new tools or ways of thinking to generate ideas, share information, or solve problems. This helps the business make better decisions by leveraging the latest advances in enabling and emerging technologies.
In support of our drive for continued innovation within MIS, we recently created a MIS Blockchain Center for Enablement (C4E) team within IDS to focus on translating blockchain and crypto-assets related business needs to define use cases and requirements, support blockchain analytical and engineering teams to develop production grade applications as well as build required technology infrastructure and increase dialog with institutional enterprises and blockchain service providers for potential opportunities to apply blockchain technology. This illustrates our commitment to invest with intent to grow our existing alignment of talent and business needs in a manner which advances progress of MIS’ strategic initiatives.
The Crypto-asset Analytical Framework Designer will join our Blockchain C4E team to guide research and development of tailored crypto-asset frameworks and help evaluate potential investments in the crypto-asset industry. You will support scaling emerging blockchain and crypto-asset projects within MIS from initial idea to production grade application. You will be a key member of the IDS group focusing on a broad range of activities to identify, develop and implement new blockchain and crypto-asset opportunities for MIS. You will be part of a team of individuals responsible for supporting successful project deliveries for our C4E. The role also includes advocating for operational and process changes to move towards a more data driven organizational paradigm.
The duties of Crypto-asset Analytical Framework Designer include:
- Stay up-to-date on development within the industry and maintain deep understanding of existing and upcoming blockchain protocols and crypto-assets especially around emerging ecosystem trends, products and protocols. Become a domain expert on crypto-assets
- Develop assessment framework(s) to identify risks and merits of blockchain and crypto-assets, with a focus on protocols, smart contracts, token and node design
- Conduct crypto-asset analysis and generate actionable insights and make recommendations for improving and developing rating assessment frameworks
- Perform deep research analysis on blockchain nodes, oracles, tokenization, CBDCs, stablecoins, DeFi, NFTs, DAOs and other crypto-assets
- Engage with digital currency wallets, exchanges, infrastructure providers, and fintechs
- Collaborate with business partners in rating groups and engineering teams to design experiments to test hypotheses and help with idea generation and refinement
- Develop minimum acceptance criteria for crypto-asset rating opportunities and continually refine these criteria in collaboration with our rating groups and compliance stakeholders
- Scan the market and, support research and training initiatives, on crypto-asset business models and backend mechanisms, to ensure MIS has a flow of blockchain related innovative ideas to help transform the business
- Support the reporting to MIS’ Senior Leadership Team on the progress of our blockchain efforts, appropriate business and technology KPIs, and monitor them on a regular basis
- Contribute to the development of ATS’ multi-year strategy and goals
**Potential for relocation or remote work**
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Financial Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Math or similar preferred. Master’s degree and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, trading, quant or management consulting preferably in banking or capital markets.
- 1-3+ years of practical experience with crypto analysis, building blockchain applications, cryptography, stablecoins, DAOs and/or financial modeling
- Working knowledge of crypto-assets trading, token design and evaluation of blockchain protocols. Strong understanding of crypto-asset market dynamics
- Experience with project development life cycle, preferably within banking & capital markets environment, or leading crypto & blockchain startups
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative technical concepts including Blockchain, Machine Learning, AI, etc. and strong analytical orientation
- Nice to have:
- Experience in developing, testing, and optimizing crypto trading strategies
- Experience in market or competitive intelligence, business operations, data visualization tools and/or data warehouse development
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
Passion for designing blockchain based solutions and developing crypto-asset assessment frameworks
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.