Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions
AVP – Senior Blockchain Analyst
Analytical Tools and Solutions (ATS) team is responsible for the quantitative models and analytical tools used in the rating process and across MIS. ATS also serves as an innovation hub for MIS, and helps coordinate and drive technology innovation across the firm. Within ATS, the Innovation & Data Science (IDS) group channels innovation ideas to build innovation strategies and performs MIS technology innovation activities to develop advanced capabilities in data processing and AI/ML. IDS partners with groups across MIS to drive innovation, helping them use new tools or ways of thinking to generate ideas, share information, or solve problems. This helps the business make better decisions by leveraging the latest advances in enabling and emerging technologies.
In support of our drive for continued innovation within MIS, we recently created a MIS Blockchain Center for Enablement (C4E) team within IDS to focus on translating blockchain and crypto-assets related business needs to define use cases and requirements, support blockchain analytical and engineering teams to develop production grade applications as well as build required technology infrastructure and increase dialog with institutional enterprises and blockchain service providers for potential opportunities to apply blockchain technology. This illustrates our commitment to invest with intent to grow our existing alignment of talent and business needs in a manner which advances progress of MIS’ strategic initiatives.
The Senior Blockchain Analyst (or Officer) will join our Blockchain C4E team to take the initiative, work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and produce high-quality work in collaboration with business partners, blockchain analysts and engineers, data engineers and data scientists to build robust data processing pipelines in an automated and testable fashion. You will be a key member of the IDS group focusing on a broad range of activities to identify, develop and implement new blockchain and crypto-asset opportunities for MIS. You will be part of a team of individuals responsible for supporting successful project deliveries for our Blockchain C4E. The role also includes advocating for operational and process changes to move towards a more data driven organizational paradigm.
The duties of Senior Blockchain Analyst (or Officer) include:
- Maintain technical understanding of blockchain technologies and crypto-assets especially around emerging ecosystem trends, products and protocols
- Capture and document technical requirements, functional specifications and use case models by interviewing internal stakeholders and (where applicable) external stakeholders for blockchain projects
- Analyze and organize complex information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations
- Facilitate technical discussions to provide feedback and input in architectural design for a consistent and organized flow of information during projects
- Manage scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability analysis
- Support in developing assessment frameworks to identify risks and merits of blockchain and crypto-assets, with a focus on platform, smart contracts, token and node design
- Support development of conversion strategy and implementation plan to instrument a governance process and metrics for monitoring of existing and new blockchain solutions
- Facilitate a consistent and organized flow of information during projects and effectively communicate actionable insights and recommendations to executives, product management & engineering leadership
- Support the reporting to MIS’ Senior Leadership Team on the progress of our blockchain efforts, appropriate business and technology KPIs, and monitor them on a regular basis
- Scan the market and, support research and training initiatives to ensure MIS has a flow of blockchain related innovative ideas to help transform the business
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and business owners to discuss potential blockchain opportunities, investments, and/or acquisitions
- Contribute to the development of ATS’ multi-year strategy and goals
**Potential for relocation or remote work**
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Financial Engineering or Applied Math preferred. Master’s degree and/or MBA a plus
- 8-10+ years of driving innovation in several technology areas throughout career
- 3-5+ years of experience managing a team; a track record of managerial expertise in growing & developing high-functioning teams
- 1-3+ years of practical experience with crypto analysis, building blockchain applications, cryptography, stablecoins and/or DAOs
- Strong experience working in lean and agile development processes to develop and manage products and people through the product lifecycle starting with innovative concepts
- Working knowledge of project development life cycle and technical analysis, preferably within banking & capital markets environment, or leading technology-oriented companies
- Demonstrated experience translating strategy into meaningful deliverables using KPIs to measure and refine outputs
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of innovative technical concepts including Blockchain, Machine Learning, AI, etc.
- Nice to have:
- Experience in market or competitive intelligence, management or strategy consulting, fintech startup, business operations, or other relevant field
- Experience in cryptography, data visualization tools and/or data warehouse development
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Passion for designing blockchain based solutions and developing crypto-asset assessment frameworks
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.